Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Road with No Name

A Road with No Name
12 x 9
Art Spectrum Deep Ultra
Sometimes, I name my landscapes around the center of focus, or where my mind or spirit were at the time the photo was taken. Contrary to what I've learned, I'm challenged to identify a single center of focus for this painting. Is it the aspens, the road, or maybe it's really all about finding what's around the bend. What strikes you about this painting? What interests you? Where does your eye go? I'm just curious.

The painting is another of the resulta of my efforts on my extra day off yesterday. The subject is one of the many roads in the mountains near Beaver, Utah. I was on a drive with my friends Big and Bigger. We were looking for good photo spots for painting fodder. Alas, a storm was brewing and we wanted to get down the mountain before it hit. It was a moody sky and the smell of rain was in the air. This is my first attempt at Aspens. I have a series of paintings to do for Big and Bigger, so I best get my mountain skills going! Hmmm...I think I have a storm or two to paint as well.

2 comments:

  1. My eye went straight to the dark line between the road and the trees, then up to the tree area and back down to the road. The trees at the far right edge of the road kept my eye in the painting and then I looked at all the details. As far as what I like about it, the texture of the road area is quite nice and your color palette makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you +Alice Jo Webb! I sincerely appreciate the detail and reactions. I was pretty happy w/the road as well. (BTW - LOVE the Agave on your Google Profile background!)

    ReplyDelete