Sunday, October 19, 2014

Green Pear on Pink Napkin

Green Pear on Pink Napkin
5.5 x 5.25
Pastel on Canson Paper
Autumn and the bounty of her fruits - including pears. Autumn includes my favorite holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving. It also means it's time for me to change out the dishes to fall dishes - the Wedgewood Quince pattern which includes pears. They were my mom's dishes.  Gratitude is in the air.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity this weekend to attend the CTPS monthly meeting and also a workshop with award winning painter Enid Wood on the same day. I was disappointed to miss the first workshop in the series because I was in Utah (so still doing good stuff!). Yesterday's workshop was on blending. Enid brought some lovely pears for us to paint. We practiced blending with our fingers, fingers covered in a finger cot, pipe insulation, brushes, vine charcoal and hard pastels. This little piece has some blending with fingers with finger cot, pipe insulation and also vine charcoal. I have to say I am most impressed with the finger cots...they don't lift the pastel! I'll be going to the drug store to buy some of those!

2 comments:

  1. It is just lovely :) I always smear my figurative pastels with my fingers. I'll have to experiment with finger cots. Lovely job on this one :)

    ReplyDelete