Thursday, August 28, 2014

Browsing Beauty

Browsing Beauty
9 x 12
Art Spectrum White
Price $125
It was late evening, the sun getting low on the horizon and the trees and grass lighting up gold and yellow and the sky turning to colors of pink and melon. The deer were on their route through the area. There are 4-5 fawn that seem to run in one group with their moms. This little one was almost right up on the garden under the dining area windows. I liked the way the light was hitting her fur and making her seem to glow. Needless to say I have a lot of photo opportunities here in Mild Kingdom. So, yeah, I'm in a deer/fawn phase. Here's the actual resource photo and her process of development. I really struggled  with her back legs. I finally wiped them down and started again. What I finally figured out is that her "knees" were initially too high and I didn't extend her foreleg (human equivalent of tibia) far enough. You can see the difference between the 2nd to the last and last image. 







No comments:

Post a Comment