Wednesday, July 2, 2014

In My Cups - Claret to be precise

Morning Claret Cups
12 x 9
Pastel on Archival Card Stock
with Art Spectrum Primer
I'm back to botanical subjects as I scrolled through my painting resource files. This is a claret cups cactus I spied on my drive home this spring. You can't miss the little guys - even though they are low to the ground. They are the MOST brilliant color of red/orange ever! It was a cloudy morning and was misting..and these guys were a beacon of the spring that was to come. I focused on the left half of the photo. I will probably do another round of these focusing on the right half. I'm really enjoying the Art Spectrum primer experience and will definitely be prepping more painting supports in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Love love love this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - thanks Shan!!! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July

    ReplyDelete