Friday, June 27, 2014

Purple Snowballs in Santa Fe

Santa Fe Purple Allium
8 x 10
I'm practicing working smaller and more loosely. I'm also still feeling like I've not been getting enough painting in, so using colored archival card stock and mostly hard Nupastels, and some soft pastels when they will still adhere.

This is an image of some fabulous purple snowball flowers which from what I can gather are called Allium. I really liked about this subject because of the purple flowers in the sun and shade which were absolutely stunning. But I also liked the juxtaposition of the purple with the turquoise blue windows and if you look closely, the turquoise blue door. I think I will be exploring this subject again on sanded paper. Would these be the proverbial snowball's chance in ...well, Santa Fe?

I'd be interested to know your opinions on this looser style.

Source Photo - Santa Fe

4 comments:

  1. When were you in Santa Fe? Michael and Grandson just got back from Santa Fe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the pleasure of visiting NM in May for a pastel workshop by Enid Wood in Jemez Springs...Santa Fe was just too close to pass up

      Delete
  2. I love the FEELING in your depiction of the scene. In this case, the ART exceeds the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DogHawk48 - Thank you for the very kind words and for sharing your feelings!

      Delete