Friday, March 28, 2014

Openings

There are many openings in life, this one just happens to be me opening my art studio to you. WELCOME!

What to say - so much to say. But pictures are worth a thousand words - and that's what this is all about. Art!

You will have an opportunity to subscribe on the right side of this page - It's EASY. When I update, you'll receive an email delivered to your inbox. No going and looking for the blog page. I'll also link my blog to my website so in case you are there, you can jump right on over! I plan to share not only pics of my work in progress, but my thoughts around the work, and the inspiring thoughts that made that particular subject say "Meg - Paint Me"

So, let's get started with......

Venti Agave with Cream

This weekend, I'll be accepting my award from the Austin Pastel Society's Juried Event for 2014. The award is for Venti Agave with Cream. If you can't make it to the show - here's a sneak peak.

This painting is of a cream spike agave that's in my front garden right along the walk up to the front door. I really liked the thorns that were so many different colors - orange, pink, maroon, purple. I did a study of this first, it was smaller (10 x 8). Then later, larger...a lot larger (27 x 21). So.....that's how the name came to be. Since this agave has a bit of cream, I thought of my favorite Starbucks Coffee hence - VENTI Agave with Cream. The study, being the smallest size is Tall Agave with Cream. Maybe someday there will be a medium GRANDE size. ENJOY!




Tall Agave with Cream


Venti Agave with Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment