Monday, March 31, 2014

All Dressed up and Ready for Show

WOW! I am absolutely humbled at the outpouring of support you all demonstrated on my behalf yesterday at the Austin Pastel Society Juried Exhibit in downtown Austin! I hear Wayne and Garth in my head "We're not worthy!" I appreciate each of you taking time out of your weekend to come out and navigate the labyrinth that is downtown Austin to see the exhibit and support me. I am thrilled beyond measure to have received an award my first time in this event. It truly felt like I should have received a citation for baring my something or other - it was like being naked in public to have my art judged. But that fear was surpassed by the honor to have my friends and family there for the event, and the award didn't hurt either.

The next exhibit where my art will be displayed is at the Georgetown Public Library. It opened today and will run through April 26. The library is located at 402 W. 8th St. Georgetown, Texas 78626.The Austin Pastel Society will be showing approximately 60 selected works on the bridge and in the west wing gallery. Library Hours are:Mon-Thu 9-8, Fri 9-6, Sat 9-5, Sun 12-5

Here is a sneak peek (and this time I spelled it correctly!) of the two pieces "All Dressed up and Ready for Show". Meet 

Rick's Chick and Flower Chick

Rick planted a container cactus garden that is in our sitting area by the pond. It includes - hens and chicks and some Aloe (you'll see the Aloe in an upcoming post) I took a photo of "her" in the late afternoon. She was blooming at the time too. When I named the painting "Rick's Chick" it kind of made me think of Hippie Chicks, so the flower became a flower child or "Flower Chick"


Rick's Chick (L) and Flower Chick (R)


The original art is approximately 11 x 8,  matted and framed they are 20 x 16. They can be purchased together or separately - $200 each. 

(By the way- "Venti Agave with Cream" is also for sale -for $750)


1 comment:

  1. It was an honor to be there. So proud of you Anna Lisa! Look forward to walking this journey with you. Keep up the great work!! You are an inspiration! Love ya'

    ReplyDelete